Tuesday, June 21, 2011

School begins

So this is the begging of my 2nd time going to college.  I already went to college in 2003 and became a medical assistant.  That was 7 years ago and I only had one kid.  I am only taking 11 credit hours and they are all online so that I don't have to find a sitter to match my class times.  I have the next two terms set up to be taken only online.  We will see where spring leaves me but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.  So far, only two days in, it is going good.  I have already gotten my work done and completed for my writing class.  Of course it was just an introduction, and a essay.  Hey I'll take it! I am also taking psychology, its required and sociology, my choice.  They both so far have required a lot of reading.  Good thing I'm a bit of a book worm. LOL  I have already read and taken notes on two chapters of psychology plus two articles.  Then since it is online you answer the questions in a discussion board format.  Thank goodness I spent all that time on iVillage. ;) The sociology I choose because as part of the pre requisites you have to take a humanities course.  I am always asking my husband things like " why on earth do people do that?" or " What makes that OK?"  Well now I am taking a course that will help me understand better. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is I have to volunteer some where for 8 hours.  I'm not whining.  I'm more than glad to give back to the community it is finding the time to do it.  With now school, work on the weekends, 3 kids and now a husband on graveyard.  I could go during the day, but my husband works til 7 am ,and by the time he gets home he has time for a shower then off to his class.  Class is out at noon so then he needs to sleep and do homework before going back to work at 10 pm.  So I'm not looking forward to impeding on his sleep time. It will get done but will definitely take some scheduling.  
  So here goes my journey into college once again.  I know I can do it.  I've done it before.    I will keep trying so I can better myself and my family.  I can live my dream <3
"
The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream."  311~ My Stoney Baby
 

No comments:

Post a Comment